Usually, the vibration on the ZIL-5301 is maximally felt at a speed of 60-70 km / h
If vibration occurs when ZIL-5301 moves:
- 1. First of all, you need to check the fastening of the wheels and the condition of the rubber.
When loosening the wheel, vibration immediately occurs. Due to the poor condition of the rubber, vibration can also occur.
Be sure to install tires of the same height for twin wheels. Well recommended rubber, which specifically says "Bull".
- 2. Next, we look at the state of the driveline. We inspect the outboard bearing and crosspieces. We examine the fastening of the cardan itself.
- 3. Checking the gearbox mounting.
The gearbox must be well screwed on.
- 5. After a trip on a bad road, you need to check the tightness of the rear wheel axle shafts. It is also necessary to check the tightness of the front caliper bracket.
If the previous steps didn't remove vibration:
- 1. We look at the tightness of the wheel bearings. Perhaps the weakening of some wheel hub and vibration occurs.
- 2. We check the backlash in the cardan-gear joint.
- 3. Vibration can also occur due to the destruction of the differential and the wear of the gear pair of the gearbox. (On this topic, you need to see articles on repairing the rear axle gearbox).
- 4. We open the clutch protection and check the tightness of the clutch basket and the general condition of the clutch mechanism.
Basically, these are all points for identifying the causes of vibration. Slight vibration can occur due to wheel imbalance and imbalance of the cardan and flywheel.