The air filter (fig. 1) is a dry type with a replaceable filter element made of synthetic non-woven material, installed on the engine on the right side in front of the carburetor and connected to the latter using a rubber coupling, fixed to the carburetor with a wire clamp
Maintenance of the air filter consists in visual inspection and cleaning of the filter element from contamination, replacing it in the presence of breaks and burns.
Fig. 1. Air filter
The filter element can be cleaned no more than 15 times in the following ways:
- rinse with water with the addition of synthetic detergents, followed by rinsing, wringing lightly and drying; blow or clean by shaking.
Replace the filter element without fail:
- in the presence of breaks or burns; after 100,000 km;
- when the maximum allowable number of cleaning times is reached.
To replace or clean the filter element, you must:
- loosen bolts 8 and collar 2;
- move brackets 9;
- remove cover 6 with filter element 5;
- remove the clamp 10 and pull the filter element off the frame.
Assemble the filter in reverse order. Do not allow the filter to be operated with flame arrester 4 removed, seal 7 and sleeve 1 damaged.
Intake piping service
Fig. 2. Scheme of heating the intake pipe: I - heating off - "summer"; II - heating on - "winter"
Periodically clean its internal surfaces from tarry deposits, as deposits reduce the passage areas of the intake channels and lead to a drop in engine power.
For seasonal maintenance, set the damper (fig. 2) to the position corresponding to the coming season.