Rubber-metal hinges and rubber pads must be replaced in case of ruptures and one-sided bulging of the rubber, as well as when cutting their end surfaces
Suspensions on rubber parts are not allowed:
- signs of rubber aging;
- mechanical damage.
On rubber-metal hinges (silent blocks) are not allowed:
- signs of aging, cracks, one-sided bulging of the rubber mass;
- separation of the rubber array from the armature.
Replace defective parts.
Moving the car to the side:
- Different pressure in the tires of the front wheels
Tire pressure correct
- Big difference in caster angles on the right and left sides
Check for twisting of the front suspension beam or settlement of the front springs, wear of the bushing pins
- Big difference in the camber angles of the left and right wheels
Check for beam deflection or wear on pivots and bushings.
Fix the beam if it is bent.
- Different tightening of the front wheel hub bearings
Check and adjust wheel bearing tension
- Non-parallelism of the axes of the front and rear axles
Check the mutual position of the axles of the front and rear axles by measuring the distance between the centers of the wheels on the right and left sides.
If a difference is found, find the cause and fix it.
Wobbling of the front wheels:
- Wheel imbalance with complete tires
Replace or balance a wheel that is too unbalanced
- Increased wear in the steering rod joints
Replace worn joints
Accelerated lateral tread wear:
- Wrong wheel alignment
Check if the tie rod or steering link arms are bent or if there is any play in the tie rod joints.
Straighten bent parts, replace worn hinges.
Adjust wheel alignment.
Uneven tire tread wear:
- Large unbalance of the wheel with tire assembly
Change or balance a wheel
Knocks while moving
- Large kingpin axial play
Check the clearance between the upper knuckle boss and the beam boss.
Increase the gap to 0.15mm, no more, by installing an adjusting steel shim.
Replace thrust bearing if necessary.
- Radial play of the kingpin in the bushings
Replace kingpin and bushings
- Insufficient tightening of the front wheel hub bearings or destruction of the bearings
Adjust bearing tightening. Replace damaged bearings.
- Clearances in the conical joints of the tie rod pins
Tighten the pin nuts