To remove the engine, the car must be installed on a viewing hole. The workplace must be equipped with a hoist or other lifting device with a load capacity of at least 300 kg
Remove the engine in the following order:
- - open the hood and remove it by unscrewing the four bolts of its fastening to the hinges;
- - drain the coolant from the cooling system by unscrewing the plug on the radiator and opening the cocks on the cylinder block and heater. Remove expansion tank cap;
- - drain the oil from the engine crankcase and from the gearbox by unscrewing the drain plugs. After draining the oil, replace the plugs and tighten tightly;
- - remove the battery;
- -hook the engine on the load eyes and tighten the hoist chain.
- Disconnect fuel supply and return lines
- Remove the battery.
- Remove the hood.
- Remove the six bolts 1 and remove the front mudguard 2 of the engine.
- Drain the engine cooling system.
- Drain the crankcase oil.
- Drain the gearbox oil.
- Remove the heat sink with electric fan and fan shroud.
- Remove the ignition coils.
Disconnect the phase sensor plug from the wiring harness.
Remove the screws and disconnect the wires from the sensors for oil pressure indicator 1 and emergency oil pressure 2.
Disconnect plug connectors from engine temperature sensors 5, coolant temperature gauge 4, coolant overheat indicator 3.
Loosen the clamp and remove the hose to the expansion tank from fitting 6 of the thermostat.
Loosen clamp 1 and remove hose 2 from the fitting to the non-return valve of the brake booster.
Disconnect connector 3 from throttle position sensor.
Unscrew nut 1 and remove the blue ground wire from the stud at the front end of the receiver.
Unscrew nut 4 and pull accelerator cable 3 out of the air throttle actuator sector.
Disconnect from the wiring harness plug 2, located between the engine intake pipes, the speed sensor and the crankshaft synchronization, installed near the crankshaft pulley ring gear.
Slide the cable gland 3 from the threaded lug 2 of the cable sheath, unscrew the nut 1 securing the cable lug and pull the lug 2 out of the bracket fixed to the engine intake pipe by sliding it back.
Then pull the accelerator cable upwards out of the bracket.
Pull back the accelerator cable holder and remove the cable from it.
Move the accelerator cable away from the engine.
Disconnect the wires from the generator.
Regular and disconnecting the plugs, it is advisable to put marks so as not to confuse.
Disconnect connector 1 from the idle speed controller.
Unscrew nut 2 and remove the ground wires from the stud at the rear end of the receiver
Disconnect connector 1 from air temperature sensor.
Loosen clamp 2 and remove the coolant supply hose from the heater tap fitting.
Disconnect the wires from the starter.
Unscrew the nut and disconnect the oil supply hose to the oil cooler from the tap.
Loosen the clamp and remove the heater fluid drain hose from the heater radiator fitting.
Unscrew nut 1, remove knock sensor 2 and move it away from the engine together with the wire.
Disconnect connectors 1 from the injectors. Unbend holders 2 of the wiring harness and remove the harness from the holders.
Move the wiring harness away from the engine.
Hook the engine onto the lugs on the exhaust manifold and alternator bracket with a hoist.
Unscrew the nut and disconnect the oil drain hose from the oil cooler from the fitting on the crankcase.
Remove the exhaust system.
Remove the gearbox.
Remove the clutch housing.
Remove two bolts on each side of the clutch booster to the cylinder block.
Then lift the rear of the engine and remove the booster, moving it out of the middle linkage of the steering link
Remove the bolt securing the engine mount bracket to the cushion on each side.
Check that all hoses and wiring are disconnected from the engine.
Carefully lift the motor up.
Install the engine in reverse order. When installing the engine on the pads, make sure that the mounting pins on the pads fit into the holes on the engine brackets, while the bolt holes on the brackets and pads must be aligned.
Distribution of work on the sides of the car
Works carried out from below the car:
- remove cardan shaft assembly;
- - install a plug-plug into the hole of the gearbox extension;
- - unscrew the nuts securing the rear engine mount to the cross member;
- - detach the cross member from the vehicle frame and remove the cross member;
- - disconnect the speedometer shaft from the gearbox;
- - disconnect the bracket for fastening the exhaust pipes of the exhaust system from the gearbox;
- - disconnect the intake pipes from the engine exhaust manifold;
- - disconnect the wires from the reverse light switch on the gearbox;
- - unscrew the two bolts securing the slave cylinder of the clutch release drive and disconnect the cylinder from the clutch housing.
Works carried out on the left side of the car:
- - disconnect from the ignition distributor the high and low voltage wires going to the ignition coil, the wires from the starter, from the pressure and emergency oil pressure sensors on the oil filter, from the coolant temperature indicator sensor on the thermostat housing and the coolant overheating indicator sensor in cylinder head cover;
- - disconnect the fuel line hose from the fuel pump; - unscrew the bolt securing the left cushion to the bracket on the engine.
Works carried out on the right side of the car:
- - disconnect the wires from the generator;
- - disconnect the warm and cold air intake hoses from the air filter, air intake pipes, exhaust pipe heat shield and remove them;
- - disconnect the crankcase ventilation hose from the air filter, rocker cover and remove it;
- - remove the cover and the air filter element;
- - bend the mustache of the lock washers and unscrew the nuts securing the air filter housing, carefully remove the nuts and lock washers, preventing them from getting into the engine;
- - remove the air filter housing with flange and gaskets, close the carburetor with a clean cloth;
- - disconnect the wires from the carburetor;
- - disconnect the throttle cable and air damper rod from the carburetor;
- - disconnect the fuel bypass fuel line hose from the carburetor;
- - disconnect the hoses from the solenoid valve of the forced idle economizer system;
- - disconnect two heater hoses from the engine;
- - disconnect the coolant drain valve;
- - disconnect the vacuum brake booster hose from the intake pipe;
- - disconnect the ground wire;
- - unscrew the bolt securing the right pillow to the bracket on the engine.
- - remove the radiator grille by loosening the fastening bolts;
- - disconnect the hood latch cable;
- - after unscrewing the bolts, remove the upper panel of the radiator lining;
- - having unscrewed the bolts, remove the bar of the lower fastening of the radiator lining;
- - disconnect the hoses from the expansion tank to the thermostat housing and distribution pipe;
- - disconnect the hoses from the radiator and from the engine, remove the hoses;
- - unscrew the radiator mounting bolts and remove it.
Works carried out inside the body:
- - raise the rubber seal to the gear lever handle;
- - unscrew the lever fastening cap on the neck of the gearbox cover and pull the lever up;
- - close the hole in the neck with a clean napkin. Remove the engine complete with clutch and gearbox.
The engine is installed in place in the reverse order of removal.