The order of disassembly and assembly of carburetors K-151V, K-151E and K-151U
Disassemble the carburetor in the following sequence:
1. Remove the cotter pin and disconnect the air damper rod from the lever.
2. Unscrew the seven screws 2 (see Fig. 1) securing the carburetor cover, carefully remove the carburetor cover 4 and the gasket under it.
Fig. 1. Carburetor K-151
3. Disassemble the pneumatic corrector diaphragm device, to do this, unscrew three screws 11, remove cover 9, gasket 8, pneumatic corrector diaphragm with rod assembly 7 and spring 10.
4. Loosen the screw and remove the atomizer 42 of the accelerator pump.
5. Unscrew the adjusting screw 43 of the fuel bypass, turn the body of the float chamber 15 until the ball 13 of the inlet valve falls out.
6. Loosen the displacer screw 12.
7. Unscrew the cylindrical plug and remove the float shaft, remove the float and remove the fuel valve.
Unscrew the fuel valve seat together with the gasket.
8. Unscrew the fuel-conducting bolt 20, remove the fuel pipe union 16 and the fuel filter 18.
9. Remove four screws 47 fastening the accelerator pump cover, remove the cover 22, gasket 46, accelerator pump diaphragm assembly 45 and spring 44.
10. Unscrew the removable jets, pull out the emulsion tubes.
11. Unscrew the two screws 29 and disconnect the body of the mixing chambers 16 from the body of the float chamber 15, being careful not to damage the cardboard 40 and textolite 39 gaskets.
12. Unscrew the two screws securing the EPHX valve assembly (pos. 31) and remove the latter from the body of the mixing chambers.
13. Unscrew the two screws securing the cover 36 of the EPHX valve, remove the cover 36, the cardboard gasket 35 and the body 34 of the EPHX valve.
To disassemble the K-151V carburetor, in addition to the above, do the following:
1. Unscrew lock 53, disengage rod 52 from lever 55 and remove lever 55.
2. Remove two screws 57, cover 58, valve 59, gasket 61 and spring 60. Inspection and inspection of parts
All parts must be clean, free of carbon deposits and resinous deposits.
Jets after flushing and blowing with compressed air must have a given throughput.
All valves must be tight, the gaskets must be intact and have traces (imprints) of sealing surfaces.
The diaphragms of the accelerator pump, pneumatic corrector and EPHH valve must be intact, without damage. Replace defective or damaged parts with new ones.
Assembling the carburetor
The carburetor should be assembled in the reverse order of disassembly.
First, you need to assemble all the body parts of the carburetor - the carburetor cover, the float chamber body and the mixing chamber body, and then connect them together. When building:
1. Keep track of the safety and proper installation of gaskets.
2. Make sure that the throttle and air dampers turn freely, without jamming and tightly cover their channels.
3. Tighten all screw connections tightly, but without excessive force.
4. Make sure that the fuel valve slides freely in its seat, without warping or jamming.
5. Check and, if necessary, adjust the fuel level in the float chamber, while the float should rotate freely on its axis without touching the walls of the chamber.
6. Fasten the screws 47 (see Fig. 1), fastening the accelerator pump cover, press the drive lever 23 to the stop, tighten the screws and release the lever.
7. Fasten two screws securing the cover 36 of the EPHX valve, pull the locking element 33 of the EPHX valve by a size of 13.5–0.5 mm from plane A (see the EPHX valve assembly in Fig. 1), tighten the screws mentioned, fasten the valve with two screws economizer assembly 31 to the body of the mixing chambers.
8. When assembling, do not mix up the jets.
9. Check the gap between the wall of the mixing chamber and the edge of the throttle valve with the throttle valve of the primary chamber wide open. The gap must be at least 14.5 mm. If necessary, provide clearance 1 by bending the lever stop.
Details can be found in this article - Disassembly and assembly of the GAZ-2705 carburetor.