During maintenance of the suspension, lubricate the spring pins, hinges of the torque rods, the balancing device and the springs according to the lubrication map;
- - control the mounting of springs, shock absorbers, jet rods and brackets; serviceability of the sealing collars in the shoes of the balancing device and on the torque rods;
- - check and adjust the axial clearances in the bearings of the balancing device, as well as the hinges of the jet rods in the presence of increased clearances in them.
The presence of lubrication is a prerequisite for reliable and long-term operation of the springs.
During repair work, all vehicle springs should be disassembled and lubricated. In this case, it is necessary to remove old grease and dirt, as well as traces of corrosion, and then lubricate the rubbing surfaces of the spring sheets with graphite grease.
At the same time, you need to wash and lubricate the ears and pins of the front springs.
The shoes should be filled with oil to the level of the filler holes closed with plugs.
The oil level in the shoes below 60 mm from the lower inner edge of the filler hole is not allowed.
Spring pins and torque rod pivots should be lubricated through grease fittings until fresh grease appears in the gaps.
To maintain the longitudinal inclination of the steering axle pivots, the nuts of the front spring ladders must be tightened in the following order: first the nuts of the front (in the direction of the vehicle) ladder, and then the rear.
In case of damage to the seals of the shoes of the balancing device and the articulated torque rods, these units should be disassembled, the damaged seals replaced, and the dirt that got inside should be removed.
When the lining of the sliding end of the main leaf of the front spring wears out, it is recommended to remove the lining and continue to operate the spring without a lining.
When the ends of the main sheets of the rear springs wear out by half the thickness, it is recommended to swap the first and third sheets.
The cotters and bushings of the front spring rear bracket wear on one side, so for maintenance they should be installed differently, turned by 180°.
It is necessary to periodically tighten all threaded connections of the suspension.
Special attention should be paid to tightening the upper torque rod pin nuts and lubricating them.
There is no free access to the hinges of these rods on flatbed vehicles; to provide access to them, it is necessary to raise two middle shields of the platform floor.
During operation, no special adjustment of shock absorbers is required.
Periodically, you should check their correct operation. If traces of oil leakage appear on the shock absorber, it is necessary to remove it and return it for repair.
During service 1 lubricate the front spring pins through the grease fittings until fresh grease appears in the gaps.
On service 2:
- - check the condition of the shock absorbers and torque rods by external inspection, if necessary, troubleshoot;
- - tighten the bolts for fastening the detachable ears, the nuts of the locking bolts of the front bracket eyes and the nuts of the coupling bolts of the rear brackets of the front suspension springs;
- - tighten the nuts of the torque rod fingers;
- - tighten the nuts of the studs for fastening the brackets of the upper jet rods;
- - tighten the nuts of the stepladders of the springs of the front and rear suspensions. To maintain the longitudinal inclination of the pivots, tighten the nuts of the front suspension spring ladders in the following order: first tighten the nuts of the front (in the direction of the vehicle) ladder, then the rear;
- - lubricate the pivots of the torque rods through the grease fittings until fresh grease appears in the gaps.
When service C:
- - check the gap in the hinges of the torque rods, if the gap is more than 1.3 mm, replace the liners and hinge pins;
- - check the oil level in the shoes of the rear suspension balancing device, if necessary, add oil to the level of the filler holes;
- - tighten the nuts of the bolts of the rear suspension brackets to the frame side members.