Removal of the pressure regulator from the car and its repair are carried out if the adjustment cannot achieve its correct operation
To remove the regulator, you must:
Fig. 1. Pressure regulator
- disconnect the lower end of the pillar 24 (see fig. 1) from the rear axle bracket (see " How to replace and adjust the brake force regulator of a Gazelle car ");
- disconnect pipelines and plug them with bleed valve caps;
- disconnect the regulator from the bracket 8 by unscrewing two nuts with spring washers.
Disassembly of the pressure regulator - must be done in the following order:
- unscrew the bolt 3, take out the thrust pin 2 and release the end of the load spring 12.
Take out the axle 4 and remove the pressure lever 1, without violating the position of the adjusting bolt 11 during disassembly;
- remove protective cover 22,
- unscrew the sleeve 20 of the regulator body fastening;
- remove the return spring 19 and the spring washer, and then remove the piston 21 with the sleeve 14 by the shank and remove the spring 13;
- remove the clamping spring 16 from the sleeve and remove the ball 17 from the socket of the sleeve;
- remove the lock washer of the control cone 15, the flat and spring washer and then the control cone.
The piston should be removed from the sleeve when necessary to replace defective parts.
After disassembly, the parts of the regulator should be washed in alcohol or clean brake fluid, carefully inspected, replaced with defective parts, generously lubricated with fresh brake fluid and reassembled in reverse order.
Possible cause of malfunction of the regulator may be insufficient tightness of the ball valve.
In this case, with light blows of a hammer through a copper or aluminum mandrel, you should punctuate the recess in the regulator sleeve with a ball.
The performance of the regulator after assembly should be checked on a special stand with pressure gauges at the inlet and outlet of the regulator and a device that creates pressure.
The fluid pressure at the outlet of the pressure regulator should be approximately 2.8 times lower than the inlet pressure.
When checking, without relieving the indicated fluid pressure, gently press the load spring 12 to create force on the piston 21.
In this case, the outlet pressure should increase, which indicates the correct operation of the regulator.
When a certain force is created, the pressure at the inlet and outlet should equalize.
Install the tested regulator on the car and adjust the drive.
After installing the regulator, bleed the system and test it on the road (see "How to replace and adjust the brake force regulator car Gazelle).