Installation of injection pump, injectors, high and low pressure pipes ZIL-5301
The injection pump mating plate must be clean; nicks and other damage to the slab are not allowed
The fuel pump gasket must not have any visible damage
When installing the fuel pump, you must align the marks of the fuel pump drive gear and the splined flange.
The splined flange of the fuel pump gear must fit freely, without jamming, onto the splines of the fuel pump shaft bushing.
The fuel pump gear flange bolts must be tightened to a torque of 18-25 Nm.
When installing a fuel pump, be sure to check the fuel injection timing.
This is done in the following sequence:
- set the regulator control lever to the position corresponding to the maximum fuel supply.
Disconnect the high-pressure tube from the fitting of the first section and connect the momentoscope instead (Fig. 1).
Turn the diesel crankshaft clockwise with a wrench until the momentoscope of fuel appears from the glass tube without air bubbles.
Remove some of the fuel from the glass tube by shaking it.
Rotate the crankshaft counterclockwise 30-40°.
Slowly rotating the diesel crankshaft clockwise, monitor the fuel level in the tube; when the fuel begins to rise, stop rotating the crankshaft.
If the latch does not coincide with the hole in the flywheel, make adjustments by doing the following:
- - remove the hatch cover;
- - unscrew bolts 1, 2 and 3 and loosen bolt 3 by ½-1 turn (do not unscrew the bolt);
- - align the locking rod 2 with the hole in the flywheel, turning the diesel crankshaft in one direction or the other;
- - using a wrench, turn the fuel pump shaft and the splined flange by the nut until the fuel begins to rise in the glass tube 1 of the momentoscope;
- - install bolts 1,2 and 3 in matching holes, trying to position them as evenly as possible around the circumference;
- - first tighten bolt 3, then bolts 1 and 2;
- - install the high pressure pipe in place and remove the locking rod from the hole in the flywheel;
- - install the hatch cover in place.
The alignment of the splines of the fuel pump bushing and the splined flange when installed on a diesel engine is ensured by turning the diesel crankshaft or the pump camshaft.
Diesel engines must be equipped with injectors of the same group.
The sealing gaskets on the side adjacent to the injectors must be lubricated with solid oil US-1 GOST 33-51.
The injector mounting bolts must be tightened to a torque of 20-25 Nm.
High pressure pipes must be secured at a distance of 10-15 mm from the union nuts with clamps with gaskets.
Low pressure fuel pipes should be purged with compressed air before installation on a diesel engine.