The coolant should be replaced after two years of operation or after 60,000 km, whichever comes first
If the coolant has changed color to red, replace it, as such a change indicates that inhibitory additives have developed and the coolant has become aggressive towards parts of the cooling system.
Replacing the coolant of a GAZ-3110 car with a ZMZ-402 engine
Put the car on a horizontal platform.
- 1. Open the heater valve with the control knob on the instrument panel.
- 2. Open the cap of the expansion tank.
- 3. If necessary, putting a hose of a suitable size on the radiator drain valve, open the valve and drain the liquid into a container with a volume of at least 10 liters.
- 4. Similarly, we drain the liquid from the cylinder block.
- 5. For ease of access to the heating system hose, loosen the clamp and remove the upper radiator hose from the thermostat cover pipe.
- 6. We loosen the clamp and remove the heating system hose from the pump nozzle (on the right side of the engine) and, directing it into the container, drain the coolant.
Having connected all the hoses, fill the system with fresh coolant.
Having started the engine, we make sure that there are no air pockets in the system and the engine overheats.
Replacing the coolant of a GAZ-3110 car with a ZMZ-406 engine
All work should be carried out only on a cold engine.
Unscrew the plug of the expansion tank and open the heater tap.
Having lowered the hose of the radiator drain valve into a container (with a volume of at least 6 liters), open the valve and drain the coolant.
Remove the hose from the radiator tap and put it on the tap located on the left side of the engine, drain the remaining coolant from the cylinder block.
Close the drain cocks.
Fill the system with water through the expansion tank. We warm up the engine to 80–90 ° С.
Drain the water and, filling it with fresh water, flush the cooling system again.
To fill the system without air pockets, unfasten the expansion tank fastening belt and lift it up as far as the length of the hoses allows, and slowly, in a continuous stream, pour coolant into it.
If the liquid slowly leaves the tank, squeeze the radiator outlet hose several times.
After filling the tank to the required level, set it in place.
We start the engine, warm it up to operating temperature and let it run for 3-5 minutes in various modes - from idle to 3000 minutes -1 .
Shares we pour the liquid and install the cork on the tank. Let the engine cool down and check the coolant level.