Three instrument clusters can be installed on cars of the GAZelle family of different years of manufacture and trim levels: an old model of production until 2003, a new model of production from 2003 for cars with engines ZMZ-4063, ZMZ-40522, UMZ-4215 and a new model of release since 2003 for cars with engines ZMZ-40524 and UMZ-4218
The instrument cluster combines all of the vehicle's instrumentation.
It includes a speedometer, total and daily mileage counters (in combinations of the old model of production until 2003 and the new model of production from 2003 for cars with engines ZMZ-4963 ZMZ-40522 and UM Z-4215 mechanical type counters
And in the combination of a new model of production since 2003 for cars with engines ZMZ-40524 and UMZ-4218, the counters are located on the first liquid crystal display), an electronic tachometer (from 0 to 6000 min-1), a clock and a voltmeter on the second liquid crystal display (in combination with a new model of production since 2003 for cars with engines ZMZ-40524 and UMZ-4218), a coolant temperature gauge, a fuel gauge, control and signal lamps, backlight lamps.
Temperature and fuel gauges of electromagnetic type.
In the instrument cluster of a new model of release since 2003 for cars with engines ZMZ-40524 and UMZ-4218, an audible alarm function is provided in the event of an emergency.
In addition, it uses the modes of "night" and "day" backlighting of liquid crystal displays for easy viewing of readings
The developers of the instrument cluster have also introduced a self-test mode, which allows you to control the correct operation of the pointers, display information on liquid crystal displays, and the operability of alarms
Removing the instrument cluster of cars produced before 2003
The instrument cluster is not repairable, therefore, in case of failure of the instruments, it is replaced as an assembly.
The instrument cluster is installed on the dashboard, which combines in one case:
- speedometer (with total and daily mileage counters);
- indicators of coolant temperature, fuel level (with fuel reserve indicator), oil pressure indicator (with emergency pressure indicator);
- a block of signaling devices for battery charge, high beam headlights, direction indicators, side light, emergency drop in the level of brake fluid and parking brake, overheating of the coolant, switching on the center differential lock of the transfer case (for 4x4 modification).
1. Disconnect the battery.
2. With a short Phillips screwdriver, unscrew the two screws of the upper fastening of the instrument cluster lining
3. Using a screwdriver, unscrew the two self-tapping screws of the lower fastening of the instrument cluster lining
4. We remove the lining.
5. Using pliers, we unscrew the nut securing the handle for resetting the daily mileage counter.
6. We sink the handle into the control panel.
7. With a long slotted screwdriver, unscrew the two screws from the ends of the instrument cluster
8. Having removed the instrument cluster from the panel, unscrew the nut fastening the speedometer drive cable.
9. We disconnect three plug-in blocks from the terminals of the instrument cluster. The pads differ in color and number of connectors, so you do not need to mark them.
10. To replace the instrument illumination lamps, turn the cartridge counterclockwise and remove it from the instrument cluster
11. Replacing a faulty lamp.
12. To replace the signaling lamp, turn the cartridge counterclockwise and remove it from the instrument cluster
13. We change the faulty lamp together with the cartridge
We assemble and install the instrument cluster in reverse order.
To remove the instrument cluster of a car manufactured since 2003, do the following
1. Disconnect the wire from the negative terminal of the battery.
2. We pry off the edge of the right plug in the lower part of the instrument cluster lining
3. Remove the cap
4. We also remove the plug on the left side of the lining.
5. Unscrew the bottom right screw
6. Unscrew the bottom left screw
7. We unscrew the two upper screws securing the instrument cluster trim
8. Removing the trim of the instrument cluster
9. We unscrew the four bolts of the instrument cluster
10. We remove the instrument cluster from the socket in the instrument panel, disconnect the wiring harness pads from it and remove the combination
Install in reverse order.
Replacing bulbs in the instrument cluster
The figure shows the location of the lamps in the instrument cluster of a car manufactured since 2003.
The replacement of these lamps is provided by the manufacturer of the combination. Symbols that are not shown in the figure illuminated by LEDs that cannot be replaced.
The LEDs are located on the reverse side of the printed circuit board and are replaced as an assembly with the instrument cluster.
Disconnect the wire from the negative terminal of the battery.
Remove the instrument cluster
To replace the instrument light, turn its socket counterclockwise
Remove the cartridge from the printed circuit board of the instrument cluster. Lamps in the instrument cluster of a car produced since 2003 have been replaced as an assembly with a cartridge, since the lamp contacts are soldered to the contact plates of the cartridge.