Turn signal relay replacement
Depending on the configuration, an electromagnetic relay-breaker of the RS-950P-T type or an electronic breaker of the 494.3747 or 642.3747 type can be installed on the car
If the RS-950P-T relay fails, we recommend replacing the relay assembly, since if the winding is burned out or the contacts are badly burned, it is difficult to restore its performance to a high quality.
The design of the relay type 494.3747 or 642.3747 is non-separable.
The turn signal breaker relay is installed on the front panel under the instrument panel on the left side.
Removing relay type 494.3747 or 642.3747
1. Under the instrument panel on the driver's side, disconnect the connecting block from the turn signal relay
2. With the “10” key, unscrew the nut and remove the relay.
Scheme for checking the presence of voltage in the relay block
Relay test diagram
Electronic breakers type 494.3747 and 642.3747 do not require maintenance during operation.
These breakers cannot be repaired and should be replaced if they fail.
Install the new relay in reverse order.
Removing and checking relay type RS-950P-T
1. To remove the relay, disconnect the blocks "B" of the wiring harnesses and unscrew the nuts "A".
2. To check, remove the RS-950P-T type relay from the car and assemble the circuit (Fig. 1). If, when the switch is on, 4 lamps do not light up or burn constantly (not blinking), then inspect the relay contacts
To do this, remove the relay cover. Clean the burnt contacts with a fine sandpaper, disconnect the baked contacts.
Then check and adjust if necessary the gaps between the pins. The gap "a" (Fig. 2) between contacts 3 should be 0.8 mm, and the gap "b" between the core 4 of the relay coil and armature 1 with closed contacts 3 should be at least 0.15 mm.
In order to adjust the gaps, bend the stopper 2 strokes of the armature.
Install the relay in reverse order
Replacing the bulb, removing the front turn signal
1. From the engine compartment, turning clockwise, we take out the cartridge in a rubber case with a lamp. If necessary, we change the faulty lamp.
2. To remove the pointer with a “10” head, unscrew the two nuts of its fastening.
3. Removing the pointer
4. Install the front turn signal in reverse order.
Before tightening the indicator mounting nuts, we move it within the slot for the screws, achieving a uniform and minimal gap between it, the headlight and the hood
Replacing the bulb, removing the side turn signal
From the engine compartment, manually disconnect the cartridge with a lamp and a rubber boot from the direction indicator
Remove the lamp from the socket.
Moving the turn signal repeater back
Remove the repeater
Install the side turn signal in reverse order.