Removing and installing the gearbox of a KamAZ car
The gearbox is removed to replace and repair the clutch and repair the gearbox
Two models of gearboxes are installed on KamAZ vehicles: on single vehicles - a five-speed gearbox model 14 on tractor vehicles designed to work as part of road trains - a ten-speed gearbox model 15, consisting of a main five-speed gearbox and a front two-stage gearbox -divider.
The divider has a high and low (direct) gear and, in combination with the main five-speed gearbox, allows you to get ten forward gears and two reverse gears.
The use of a gear divider improves the traction and economic qualities of the car, makes it easier to drive the car, since when it is used, the frequency of shifting gears with the shift lever is reduced.
Upgraded heavy-duty vehicles are equipped with 152 gearboxes, which have the following design differences from the 15 gearbox:
- - splines of the input shaft of the divider, carriage and synchronizer clutch are reinforced by increasing the height of the teeth;
- — simplified pneumatic scheme for controlling the gear divider (two air ducts, an air duct fastening block are excluded) due to the use of plastic air ducts from the divider control valve;
- —keyless connections of gears and an intermediate shaft are used due to an increase in interference;
- - the locking device in the spline connection is excluded, the synchronizer carriage 4-5 gears - the secondary shaft of the gearbox (in order to increase the durability of the connection);
- - to prevent self-shutdown of 4th and 5th gears, a four-degree thinning of the teeth of the synchronizer carriage couplings of 4-5 gears (instead of one and a half degrees) and, accordingly, the teeth of the input shaft coupling and gear of 4th gears is applied, and the height of the coupling teeth is also increased;
- - the bearing of the front support of the secondary shaft of a larger load capacity is installed;
- —The 4th gear ring gear has been widened to increase the bearing capacity.
- 1. We unscrew the four nuts securing the driveline and disconnect the driveline.
- 2. Disconnecting the CCGT
- 3. Unscrew the starter mount
- 4. Disconnect the tubes to the reduction gear
- 5. Detach the shift lever
- 6. We install a jack between the engine pan and the flywheel and jack up the power unit through a wooden stand.
Unscrew the nuts securing the rear crosshead and remove it.
Unscrew the expansion rod
We unscrew the bolts of the exhaust system bracket.
We connect the hoist to the special eye bolts, and tighten the hoist.
Unscrew the nuts fastening to the side cushions of the power unit.
We unscrew the bolts securing the gearbox to the engine.
Raising the hoist, move the gearbox away from the engine to the outlet of the gearbox input shaft, and take out the gearbox. Install the gearbox in reverse order