To ensure the normal operation of the diesel engine, observe the following maintenance requirements for the lubrication system:
- - fill in the oil sump only with oil recommended by the manufacturer.
- - change the oil and oil filter in a timely manner, guided by the timing or according to the information of the diesel electronic control system with the corresponding blink code;
- - constantly monitor the oil pressure value according to the pressure indicator located on the instrument panel (when the diesel engine is running at a nominal speed and the coolant temperature is 85 ... 95 ° C, the oil pressure should be at the level of 0.25 ... 0.35 MPa, the pressure value on a cold engine is allowed up to 0.8 MPa);
Figure 1 - Oil pressure adjustment.
- - adjust the pressure value in accordance with Figure 1 as follows:
- - unscrew plug 4, remove gasket 5;
- - in the channel of the oil filter housing 3 with a screwdriver 7 turn the adjusting screw 6 one turn in the direction of increasing or decreasing the pressure value (depending on the actual pressure);
- - install gasket 5 and screw plug 4;
- - if necessary, repeat the indicated adjustment steps.
DO NOT adjust while the diesel engine is running.
Checking the oil level in the diesel crankcase
Check before starting the diesel engine using an oil gauge located on the diesel engine block.
The oil level must be between the lower and upper marks of the oil dipstick in accordance with Figure 2.
Checking should be done no earlier than 3-5 minutes after stopping the diesel engine, when the oil has completely drained into the crankcase.
It is forbidden to operate a diesel engine with an oil level in the crankcase below the lower and higher marks on the dipstick.
Picture 2- Checking the oil level in the diesel crankcase.
Changing the oil in the diesel crankcase
Change the oil in the crankcase of diesel engines every 10 thousand kilometers, and in cases where duplicate oils or fuels with a high sulfur content are used, every 5 thousand kilometers.
Drain the used oil only from a warm diesel engine.
To drain the oil, unscrew the oil sump plug. After all the oil has drained from the crankcase, screw the plug back in place.
Pour oil into the diesel engine through the oil filler pipe to the level of the upper mark on the dipstick.
Pour into the oil sump only the oil recommended in this manual and appropriate for the period of operation.
Oil filter change
Picture 3 - Options for installing an oil filter without LMP and with LMP on diesel engines D-245E3
Replace the oil filter every 10 thousand kilometers or according to the results of diagnostics of the “COMMON RAIL” system in accordance with Figure 3, simultaneously with changing the oil in the diesel crankcase in the following sequence:
- - unscrew the filter FM 009-1012005 or M5101 from fitting 3 using a special wrench or other available means;
- - screw a new filter FM 009-1012005 or M5101 onto the fitting.
When installing the filter on the fitting, lubricate the gasket 4 with engine oil.
After the gasket touches the support surface of the filter housing 1, tighten the filter another 1...1.5 turns.
Install the filter on the body only by hand.
Instead of the filter FM 009-1012005 and M5101, it is allowed to install filter cartridges of a non-separable type: mod. X149 by AC Lelko (France), mod. L37198 from Purolator (Italy) and other companies that have anti-drainage and bypass valves in their design with the main overall dimensions:
- - diameter - 95…105 mm;
- - height - 140…160 mm;
- - thread - 3/4"-16UN