Checking the tightness of the cylinder head bolts
Check the tightening of the cylinder head bolts at the end of the break-in and every 40 thousand kilometers on a warm diesel engine in the following order:
- - remove the cap and cylinder head cover;
- - remove the rocker axle with rocker arms and racks;
- - with a torque wrench, check the tightening of all cylinder head bolts in the sequence shown in Figure 1, and, if necessary, tighten.
Tightening torque -220±10 Nm.
After checking the tightness of the cylinder head bolts, reinstall the rocker shaft and adjust the clearance between the valves and rocker arms.
Figure 1 - Cylinder Head Bolt Tightening Sequence
Checking clearance between valves and rocker arms
Check and, if necessary, adjust the gaps between the valves and rocker arms every 20 thousand kilometers, as well as after removing the cylinder head, tightening the cylinder head bolts and when valves knock.
The gap between the rocker striker and the end of the valve stem when checking on an unheated diesel engine (water and oil temperature is not more than 60 ° C) should be:
- 1) inlet valves - 0.25 mm;
- 2) exhaust valves - 0.45 mm.
When adjusting the gap between the end of the valve stem and the rocker arm on an unheated diesel engine, set:
- inlet valves - 0.25 mm;
- exhaust valves - 0.45 mm.
Figure 2 - Valve clearance adjustment.
Adjust in the following order:
- - remove the cap of the cylinder head cover and check the fastening of the racks of the rocker axis;
- - turn the crankshaft until the valves in the first cylinder overlap (the inlet valve of the first cylinder starts to open, and the exhaust valve closes) and adjust the gaps in the fourth, sixth, seventh and eighth valves (counting from the fan), then turn the crankshaft to one turn, setting the overlap in the fourth cylinder, and adjust the gaps in the first, second, third and fifth valves.
To adjust the gap, loosen the locknut of the screw on the rocker of the adjustable valve in accordance with Figure 2 and, turning the screw, set the required gap on the feeler gauge between the rocker striker and the end of the valve stem.
After setting the clearance, tighten the locknut. After adjusting the valve clearance, replace the cylinder head cover cap.