To adjust the fuel injection advance angle, two hatches are provided on the flywheel housing (see Fig. 1), and the angle values \u200b\u200bare marked on the flywheel in two places
For the lower pointer 3 these values are made on the flywheel in numerical terms, and for the side pointer 4 - in letter terms, while the letter "A" corresponds to the value in numerical terms of 20°; the letter "B" - 15°; the letter "B" -10°; the letter "G" - 5°.
Rotate the engine crankshaft clockwise (when viewed from the fan side) until the marks on the crankshaft pulley and the timing gear cover or on the flywheel coincide with the pointer corresponding to the fuel injection advance setting angle:
In this case, the valves in the 1st cylinder must be closed.
You can rotate the crankshaft with a wrench for the crankshaft pulley bolt or with a crowbar for the holes in the flywheel (Fig. 2) with the flywheel housing manhole cover removed.
At the moment the marks are aligned, the mark “A” on the end of the coupling (Fig. 3, 4) should be aligned with the mark “B” on the index. If the marks are not aligned, you need to make adjustments.
The procedure for adjusting the injection advance angle of the YaMZ-236NE2, BE2 engines (Fig. 3):
- - loosen the bolt 2 of the terminal connection: flange 3 - drive coupling half 1;
- - by turning the damper coupling, combine the indicated marks;
- - without knocking down the combined position of the marks, tighten the bolt of the terminal connection to a torque of 16 ... 18 kgcm. In this case, the deviation of the plate package from the position in one plane should be within ±1 mm.
Measurement should be carried out near the attachment points of the plates.
If corrugations appear on the plates 4, they are eliminated by alternately loosening and subsequent tightening with a torque of 11 ... 12.5 kgcm of four bolts 5 fastening the plates to the half-coupling flange and to the damper coupling;
- - check if the injection advance angle is set correctly.
The procedure for adjusting the injection advance angle of the YaMZ-236N, B, NE, BE engines (Fig. 4):
- - check the fit of the coupling half 3 on the drive shaft 1 and the tightening of the terminal bolt 5 (tightening torque 43.2--58.9 Nm (4.4...6 kgcm));
- - unscrew (loosen) two bolts 4 and by turning the clutch advance, combine the marks "A" and "B" due to the oval holes on the half-coupling flange;
- - 236NE2 BE2: 6˚ +1˚ on engines equipped with high-pressure fuel pumps of V-shaped execution, the setting angle of fuel injection advance is 6˚ ... 7˚
- -236NE, BU: 13˚±1˚
- - 236N, B: 15˚ +1˚ on engines equipped with V-shaped injection pump, fuel injection advance setting angle 10˚…11˚
- - turning the crankshaft, check that the injection advance angle is set correctly. The mismatch of the marks should be no more than one division or 1 ° rotation of the crankshaft.
Check the presence of oil in the fuel injection advance clutch (YaMZ-236N, B, NE, BE engines), and, if necessary, add oil, to control, set the clutch with holes in the upper position and unscrew the plugs.
Oil should start to flow out of one hole when the coupling is slowly rotated 70°. After topping up the oil, close the plugs.
The fuel injection advance angle must be set according to the momentoscope installed on the fitting of the 1st section of the injection pump.
The value of injection advance angle should be:
- - for the YaMZ-238FM engine - 23˚;
- - for the engine 51M3-238PM - 22°.
The fuel injection advance angle must be set in the following order:
- - make sure that the marks on the injection advance clutch and the fuel pump drive drive half-coupling are in the correct position. Labels must be on one side;
- - remove the high pressure pipe of the first section of the injection pump;
- -install a momentoscope on the fitting of the first section of the pump (see Fig. 5);
- - turn on the fuel supply with the regulator bracket;
- - bleed the engine power system with fuel, for which unscrew the handle of the manual booster pump and, moving it up and down, bleed the system for 2 - 3 minutes. After pumping, screw the pump handle all the way;
- - rotate the engine crankshaft clockwise (when viewed from the fan side) with a wrench on the pulley mounting bolt or with a crowbar on the holes in the flywheel until fuel appears in glass tube 1 (see Fig. 5).
Pour out excess fuel from the glass tube by shaking it with your finger;
- - turn the crankshaft counterclockwise by about ⅛ of a turn. Then, slowly turning it clockwise, carefully monitor the fuel level in the glass tube.
The moment of the beginning of the movement of fuel in the tube corresponds to the beginning of the supply of fuel by the 1st section of the pump.
With proper adjustment, at the moment the fuel begins to move, the risk on the crankshaft pulley 2 should be against the corresponding risk on the cover of the distribution gears (Fig. 6) or a similar risk on the flywheel 2 should coincide with the pointer on the flywheel housing (Fig. 7).
If at the moment the fuel begins to move in the tube, the risks have not yet aligned, it is necessary to unscrew the bolts and turn the coupling of the fuel pump drive shaft on the flange against the direction of its working rotation , then tighten the fastening bolts and re-check the setting of the injection advance angle. The mismatch of the marks should be no more than one division or 1 crankshaft cranking.
If at the moment the fuel begins to move in the risk tube has already passed the combined position, the drive shaft coupling must be turned in the direction of its working rotation.
The displacement of the drive shaft coupling relative to its flange by one division corresponds to four divisions on the flywheel or distribution gear cover.
After the advance angle adjustment is completed, the clutch mounting bolts must be tightened.
If a new design high-pressure fuel pump drive with pointer 13 (Fig. 8) is installed on the engine, then the fuel injection advance angle is adjusted without a momentoscope as follows.
Combine the marks shown in the figures; at the same time, the mark “a” (Fig. 8) on the end face of the coupling 12 should be aligned with the risk “b” on the index
If the marks "a" and "b" are not aligned, you need to unscrew the two nuts 7 and turn the injection advance coupling through the oval holes on the flange 6 of the coupling half to align the indicated marks.
Without knocking down the combined position of the marks "a" and "b", tighten the nuts of 7 bolts and the half-coupling flange and, turning the crankshaft, check that the injection advance angle is set correctly.