Replacing the crankshaft oil seal of a KamAZ car
We replace the oil seal when oil leaks from the rear of the engine, when lubricating the clutch discs and when repairing the engine.
1. We remove the gearbox, see the article "Removing and installing the gearbox of a KamAZ car"
2. Removing the clutch basket
3. Removing the clutch discs
- 4. We unscrew the eight bolts securing the flywheel and remove the flywheel
- 5. Using a screwdriver or a suitable tool, pull out the oil seal
Picture 5 shows the flywheel housing removed from the engine
- 6. Lubricate the new oil seal with engine oil
- 7. We install the oil seal and press it in with the help of the old oil seal with light blows of the hammer
8. Assemble in reverse order.
When installing the clutch basket, we center the driven disks using a mandrel or the gearbox input shaft