Possible malfunctions of the Kamaz heater
A malfunction of the heater and inept handling of it can cause a fire
The engine must be warmed up with a heater in the presence of the driver, with a working fire extinguisher
In order to avoid damage to the heater boiler and the occurrence of a fire, it is prohibited:
- - turn on the heater without coolant for more than 20 s;
- - pour water into the heater boiler overheated due to lack or lack of coolant;
- - allow the heater to operate with an open flame at the outlet of the boiler;
- - keep the fuel cock on the tank open when the heater is not working.
During the operation of the car, it is not allowed to pollute the heater, leak fuel and coolant in the joints of pipelines, hoses and taps.
In autumn, during seasonal maintenance, the spark plug should be cleaned of carbon deposits;
- - remove the burner and use a metal brush to clean the combustion chamber and gas duct from carbon deposits, blow it with compressed air;
- - remove and wash the filters of the solenoid valve and nozzles, the protective mesh of the fuel tank valve;
- - disassemble and wash the nozzle. After assembly, check the operation of the heater.
Normal operation of the heater is determined by the uniform hum of combustion in the boiler and the exit of exhaust gases without smoke and open flame.
If necessary, adjust the fuel flow with the fuel pump pressure reducing valve in the following order:
- - unscrew the cap nut on the fuel pump; loosen the adjusting screw locknut;
- - by turning the adjusting screw to the right (fuel supply increases) or to the left (fuel supply decreases), adjust the heater operation mode.
After adjusting, lock the adjusting screw with a lock nut and screw on the cap nut.
To ensure normal operation of the heater, the fuel pump pressure reducing valve should be adjusted at negative ambient temperatures (not higher than -5°C).
After washing the car or overcoming the ford in the cold season, remove the water that has entered the air: fan path by turning on the pump unit for 3 ... 4 minutes. To do this, move the switch knob to the /// position.
During the operation of the heater, some malfunctions may occur that can be eliminated during the maintenance of the heater, many of them can be eliminated by the drivers themselves, who have the appropriate training.
The following faults are more common than others
Heater smokes during operation
As a rule, this is a consequence of a large fuel supply due to a misadjustment of the fuel pump pressure reducing valve.
The malfunction is eliminated by regulation. Another reason for the appearance of smoke is the low speed of the electric motor when it malfunctions or the batteries are discharged.
In such cases, it is necessary to replace the electric motor or charge the batteries.
There is an open flame in the heater combustion chamber
The reason is the untimely removal of soot.
Having dismantled the heater boiler, clean off the carbon deposits.
Engine warm-up time is high
There are several reasons for this: clogging of fuel lines, filters, nozzles, as well as a malfunction of the electrical system.
When the heater is turned on in position III, the fan operation is not heard
The reason is water getting into the fan or freezing of the fluid pump.
In both cases, warm up the fan housing and the fluid pump, taking precautions.
Another reason is damage to the wiring or motor of the pump unit.
Fuel does not ignite when switch key is set to position I
The reason is an open circuit, a short circuit in the power wires of the switch and the coil.
You can detect a malfunction using a test lamp or a tester.
Another reason is damage to the induction coil or spark plug. Check them separately and, if there is no spark, replace them. Sometimes a damp coil needs to be dried.