The car is equipped with two rectangular headlights with a AKG12-60+55-1 double-filament halogen lamp, 55/60 W power (dipped/high beam) and a 4 W side light A12
On some cars, an electric headlight corrector is installed, which regulates the direction of the beams depending on the load of the car.
The control knob for the electric corrector is located on the instrument panel on the left side.
Side lights, instrument lighting and headlights are switched on by the central light switch, which has a resistor to adjust the brightness of the instrument lighting.
Headlights from dipped beam to high beam are switched by the left steering column switch.
Changing bulbs, removing headlights
- 1. To replace the bulbs in the headlight with the ignition off, turn the headlight cover counterclockwise and remove it.
- 2. To replace the headlight lamp, remove the connecting block from the terminals of the dipped beam - high beam lamp.
- 3. We derive the antennae of the spring retainer from the grooves
- 4. We take out the faulty lamp.
Install the new lamp in reverse order.
The halogen lamp must not be handled by the glass bulb, so as not to leave fingerprints.
If this happens, wipe the lamp with alcohol. Otherwise, the lamp bulb may darken when turned on.
- 5. To replace the side light bulb, remove the socket
- 6. Slightly pressing on the bulb of the lamp and turning it counterclockwise, we take out the lamp
- 7. To remove the headlight assembly, disconnect the connecting block of the lamp power wires
- 8. Disconnect the block of the headlight range control electric drive.
- 9. Using the “10” head, we unscrew the headlight mounting bolt in the engine compartment.
- 10. With the “10” key, we unscrew the two bolts
11. Removing the headlight
If the bumper prevents the removal of the headlight, first use the “10” head to loosen the two bolts securing the headlight bracket to the body
Install the headlight in reverse order.
Before tightening the mounting bolts, we adjust the position of the headlight housing relative to the car parts mated with it. After assembly, we check the adjustment.
Replacing the electric headlight corrector and control unit
1. Disconnect the connecting block from the corrector leads.
2. Press your finger on the latch located on the drive housing (shown on the removed device)
3. Turn clockwise, remove the electric corrector.
After installing the electric corrector, we adjust the headlights (see Headlight adjustment).
4. To replace the control unit, remove the instrument cluster (see How to remove and install the Gazelle car instrument cluster).
Disconnect the connecting block from the block.
- 5. Pulling it towards you, remove the control handle of the unit.
- 6. We unscrew the nut with round-nose pliers, remove the washer and the block.
- 7. General view of the control unit with mounting details.
- 8. Install the removed parts in reverse order
We check the correctness of the headlight adjustment by the location of the light borders on the screen. It is more convenient to adjust the headlights at night or in cloudy weather.
We check and adjust on a flat horizontal platform. As a screen, you can use a sheet of plywood (approximately 1.0 m high and 1.7 ... 2.0 m long), a light building wall, a gate, etc.
A fully refueled car, with a jack, a tool and a spare wheel fixed in regular places, we put it perpendicular to the screen at a distance of 5 m between the headlights and the screen.
Check and, if necessary, adjust the tire pressure to normal.
For fine adjustment, you can put an assistant in the driver's seat and rock the car several times, pushing it from the side to self-adjust the suspension.
The body will then take the desired position relative to the wheels.
Let's mark the screen with chalk, as shown in the picture.
Dimension "h" should correspond to the distance from the surface of the site to the center of the headlights.
If the car is equipped with an electric headlight corrector, turn its control knob clockwise until it stops.
We close one of the headlights with a piece of cardboard or cloth and turn on the low beam.
Turning the adjusting screw located on the rear wall of the headlight from the side of the radiator, we combine the break point of the light beam (the intersection of the horizontal and inclined boundaries) with the vertical line of the center of the headlight.
Turning the second adjustment screw located in the opposite upper corner of the headlight housing, we combine the horizontal border of the light beam with the bottom line on the screen
In the same way we adjust the second headlight.