Microprocessor control system for gasoline internal combustion engine ZMZ-40524.10 is intended for:
- to ensure optimal engine operation in all modes, taking into account fuel efficiency, emissions of toxic substances in exhaust gases, starting and driving qualities of the car;
- for automated monitoring of the technical condition of the engine and control system elements responsible for compliance with toxicity standards, as well as external diagnostics in accordance with the requirements of EOBD (European On-board Diagnostics - European on-board diagnostics).
A feature of the ZMZ-40524 engine control system is:
- the use of a throttle module with an electric motor, which allows you to adjust the throttle position electronically to obtain the optimal mixture and the required torque flow characteristics on the car;
- the use of a drainless fuel line assembly with injectors with a working pressure in the line (400 ± 8 kPa), to reduce the evaporation of gasoline vapors.
- the use of individual ignition coils to reduce the level of interference;
- implementation of the European on-board diagnostic system EOBB, which monitors the technical condition of the system components responsible for exceeding the limit values of harmful substances in the exhaust gases of a car.
Sensors and components of the control system located on the engine
Synchronization sensor(engine crankshaft position) DG-6K0 261 210 302 Bosch (40904.3847010) or similar, inductive type, located on the chain cover near the crankshaft pulley.
Generates an electrical signal when the magnetic field of the sensor interacts with a special toothed disk (60-2 teeth) mounted on the crankshaft pulley.
The mutual orientation of the synchronization disk and the sensor is such that the moment when the axis of the sensor's run-off passes through the twentieth tooth of the synchronization disk corresponds to the presence of the piston of the first and fourth cylinders at top dead center.
The tooth number is counted from the gap in the direction opposite to the rotation of the engine crankshaft.
The sensor is designed to determine the angular position and speed of the engine crankshaft by the control unit.
Phase sensor (camshaft position) PG-3,8 0232103048 Bosch (40904.3847000) or similar, on the Hall effect, located on the cylinder head.
Generates a signal when the magnetic field of the sensor interacts with a marker (bent plate) mounted on the exhaust camshaft.
The moment of the beginning of the signal generation by the phase sensor, if the run-off of the first tooth of the disk 60-2 coincides with the axis of the synchronization sensor, indicates the beginning of the compression stroke in the first cylinder.
Tooth number reading - from the gap in the direction opposite to the rotation of the engine crankshaft (see crankshaft position sensor).
The phase sensor is designed to determine the phase of the working cycle in the engine cylinders by the control unit.
Motorized Throttle Module with Throttle Position Sensor ETB TS A2C5 330 30 f. Siemens (40624.1148090).
The drive is a DC motor with the voltage of the on-board network, the damper position sensor is magnetoresistive (two-channel).
The throttle module is located on the intake pipe.
The throttle module is designed to control the filling of engine cylinders with air during start-up, warm-up, idle, when turning on / off external power consumers, at various loads - in order to optimize torque.
The sensor is designed to determine the angular position of the throttle by the control unit.
Coolant temperature sensor (engine temperature condition)
TF-W0 280 130 093 Bosch or similar, (40904.3828000). The sensor is located on the thermostat housing.
The sensor is designed to measure the engine coolant temperature by the control unit.
Knock sensor (Fig. 6) KS-4-S0 261 231 176 Bosch (40904.3855000*) or similar, piezoelectric, located on the cylinder block on the side of the intake system, in the area of the 4th cylinder .
The sensor is designed to detect knocking combustion in the engine by the control unit.
Ignition coils (Fig. 7) ZS-K-1x1 0 221 504 027 Bosch (40904.3705000) or similar, individual, four, transformer type, mounted on the valve cover.
Designed to generate high voltage energy for spark plugs.
Spark plugs (fig. 8) DR17YCBosch or similar, small-sized, with noise suppression resistor, four, screwed into the cylinder head in the center of the combustion chambers.
Fuel rail (Fig. 9) (fuel distribution line) with solenoid injectors ZMZ6354 (DEKA1D) Siemens assembly (40624.1100010*).
Inlet pipe placement. Drainless ramp, steel, with fitting for quick coupling.
The fuel rail is designed to supply fuel to the engine cylinders.
Sensors and control units located on the vehicle
Mass air flow sensor (Fig. 10) DMRV 20.3855-10 (HFM62C / 19 Siemens), hot-film, film, located between the air filter and the engine throttle.
DMRV is designed to determine the air flow (cylinder filling) of the engine by the control unit.
The DMRV has a built-in temperature sensor, thermistor type.
The sensor is designed to measure the intake air temperature by the control unit
Oxygen sensors (lambda probes) OSP+ 25368889 f. Delphi, two, zirconium, with controlled electrical heating.
(1) the main lambda probe, located upstream of the converter, on the exhaust pipe of the vehicle's exhaust system.
Designed to determine the composition of the mixture before the converter (at the engine outlet) by the control unit.
(2) an additional lambda probe located in the converter housing, at its outlet.
Designed to determine the composition of the mixture after the converter by the control unit.
The oxygen sensor heating circuits are controlled directly from the control unit.
Accelerator pedal module (Fig. 13) 6PV010 033-00 f. Hella, accommodation in the car.
Designed to set the engine load by the driver.
The pedal position sensor, potentiometric, two-channel, is built into the pedal mechanism.
Designed to determine the position of the accelerator pedal by the control unit.
The rough road sensor (Fig. 14) 2123.1413130-0З or 28.3855000, piezoelectric, is located on the car body, in the area of the shock-absorbing cups of the front suspension.
The sensor measures the acceleration that occurs when the vehicle is moving on a rough road.
The sensor is designed to detect vibrations of the car body transmitted to the transmission by the control unit.
Vehicle speed sensor (Fig. 15) 343.3843 or ADS-6 NK, on the Hall effect, placement on the gearbox speedometer drive.
Designed to measure the vehicle speed control unit. Gasoline vapor adsorber 21103-1164010 with purge valve 21103-1164200, electromagnetic, placed in the engine compartment of the car.
Designed to capture fuel vapors from the gas tank and accumulate them in the adsorber.
On command from the control unit, the valve switches the line connecting the adsorber and the engine intake pipe (the supply is through the fitting, behind the throttle module). The valve is designed to purge (regenerate) the adsorber.
Submersible fuel pump module with electric drive, fuel pressure regulator (Fig. 16) (400 ± 8 kPa), coarse filter and fuel level sensor, placed in the gas tank of the car, 9P2.960.031 "Utes", Ulyanovsk, 7D5.883.029 "SEPO" Saratov, E04.515.1139000-10 SOATE, Stary Oskol, E04.4100000-21 AVTEL, Kaluga.
The module is designed to maintain constant fuel pressure in the line.
Fine fuel filter, (Fig. 17) 315195-1117010 (FTO15-1117010) or 315195-1117010-01 (NF-014-T), located in the fuel line, between the fuel pump module and the fuel rail.
The filter is designed to screen out particles in the fuel.
Clutch engagement sensor 15.3720, switch, switches the on-board network voltage +12 V, as a sign of clutch engagement, to the control unit, placed on the clutch pedal.
It is intended for identification by the control unit of the moment of switching on / off the gear to determine the engine operation mode (idle, transmission engaged) and throttle control parameters.
Brake sensor 21.3720, two-channel switch, placed on the brake pedal.
Switches simultaneously two signals when pressing the brake pedal:
- breaks the voltage circuit of the on-board network +12 V to the control unit (a sign of pressing the brake pedal),
— switches the voltage supply of the +12 V on-board network to the “stop lamp” and to the control unit (sign of turning on the “stop lamp”).
The sensor is designed to provide the control unit with the function of monitoring the safety of throttle control.
Diagnostic connector - 16-pin OBD-II J1962 connector, located in the car on the accelerator pedal bracket.
The connector is designed to provide information exchange of the control unit with diagnostic equipment via a single-wire K-line in accordance with ISO9141-2.
The memory of the control unit stores the operating parameters of the vehicle and information on malfunctions in the form of fault codes, available for reading by diagnostic equipment through the diagnostic connector.
Electromagnetic relay, placement in the engine compartment of a car, 90.3747000-10 or another type.
Designed for switching the voltage of the car's on-board network on command from the control unit:
- (Main) - on actuators, sensors of the control system and the control unit
- (Gasoline pump) - to the electric drive of the submersible gasoline pump;
- (Fan clutches) - on the electromagnetic clutch of the cooling system fan drive.
Diagnostic indicator - a lamp, yellow (orange) with a motor symbol, placed on the dashboard of the car.
The indicator is designed to indicate violations in the functioning of the control system and to perform the functions of the on-board diagnostics EOBD.
The malfunction indicator operates in three modes:
- off (no faults);
- continuous glow (faults present) - serious violations affecting emissions of toxic substances and control functions that need to be eliminated;
- flashing indication (0.5 sec - on, 0.5 sec - off) - when an unacceptable level of misfiring is detected, followed by turning off the fuel supply to the engine cylinder (continuous glow), indicating an immediate stop of the car to prevent damage to the converter and violation of safety movement.
When the ignition is turned on, the indicator should turn on, and if the on-board diagnostics does not detect any malfunctions, it should go out after 3 ... 5 seconds.
The absence of lamp indication before starting the engine indicates violations in the indicator control circuit, which is unacceptable during operation.
The further glow of the indicator after turning on the ignition switch indicates the presence of malfunctions.
It is undesirable to start the engine and move the car when the malfunction lamp is lit, in order to prevent damage to the converter or violation of control functions, without preliminary system diagnostics.
Control unit 371.3763 Mikas 11ET, (Fig. 19) microprocessor, located in the engine compartment of the car.
The execution of the control unit may vary, depending on the vehicle configuration.
Wiring harness for control system, 3302-3761581 or other name, depending on the vehicle configuration.
The control system prevents emergency operation modes:
- exceeding the maximum crankshaft speed (with the exception of forced engine cranking) - by turning off the fuel supply to the cylinders,
- detonation combustion,
- maintains the temperature of the coolant within the operating range by controlling the operation of the electromagnetic fan clutch,
- detects misfiring and calculates the temperature of the exhaust gases at the engine outlet, with the subsequent shutdown of the fuel supply in the faulty cylinder when the limit value of the misfires is reached,
- calculates the temperature of the converter, and in case of exceeding the threshold temperature value, enriches the air-fuel mixture (during normal operation of the engine cylinders),
- registers and stores in memory information about the conditions of emergency operation.
The control system provides the ability to move the car with faulty sensors, without guaranteeing the preservation of the passport characteristics of the engine and the car:
- if the mass air flow sensor fails,
- if the intake air temperature sensor fails,
- in case of failure of the coolant temperature sensor,
- in case of failure of one of the throttle actuator position sensors,
- in case of minor malfunctions of the throttle actuator,
- if one of the electric accelerator pedal position sensors fails,
- in case of failure of one oxygen sensor (or its heater circuit) - to the converter,
- in case of failure of the oxygen sensor (or its heater circuit) - after the converter,
- if the knock sensor fails,
- in case of failure of the camshaft position sensor (transition to pair-parallel fuel injection and ignition),
- in the event of a malfunction in the fuel vapor recovery system and the canister purge valve,
- in case of failure of the vehicle speed sensor,
- in the event of a malfunction of one of the brake limit switches,
- if the brake pedal switch malfunctions,
- in case of malfunction of the clutch limit switch,
- in case of failure of the air conditioning compressor clutch relay,
- in case of failure of the rough road sensor.
During the operation of the control system, maintenance of its individual components, including the control unit, is not provided. Restoring the normal functioning of the control system is carried out by replacing its elements.
For diagnosing the ZMZ-40524 engine control system, the ASKAN-10 diagnostic tester with the PM Mikas 11 Euro 3 (DM11 E3) software module and the OBDII connection cable is used.