Fill the hydraulic actuator with fluid and bleed it to remove air in the following order:
- - raise the hood on cars of the UAZ-31512 family or remove cover 13 of the hatch to the clutch hydraulic reservoir on the instrument panel of cars of the UAZ-3741 family and unscrew the cover of the master cylinder reservoir;
- - fill the reservoir of the master cylinder with working fluid to a normal level (15–20 mm below the upper edge of the reservoir);
- - remove the protective cap from the head of the valve for bleeding the working cylinder and put a rubber hose on the head;
- – immerse the free end of the hose in a vessel with a capacity of at least 0.5 liters, filled halfway with the working fluid;
- - create pressure in the system by sharply pressing 4-5 times with an interval of 1-2 seconds on the clutch pedal;
- - while holding the pedal, unscrew the bleed valve ½-¾ turn, making sure that the free end of the hose remains immersed in the liquid.
Liquid with air bubbles will exit into the vessel;
- - after the outflow of fluid into the vessel stops, turn the bypass valve to failure with the clutch pedal depressed;
- - Check for fluid in the master cylinder reservoir. Do not allow the bottom of the tank to be exposed during pumping, otherwise air will enter the system again;
- - repeat the above operations until the fluid with air stops flowing from the hose;
- - remove the hose from the bypass valve head and put on the protective cap;
- - add liquid to the tank to the norm.
It is impossible to add liquid released during pumping into the tank, as it contains air.
This liquid can only be used after it has been settled for a day and filtered.
After bleeding, check the amount of travel of the outer end of the clutch release fork when you press the clutch release pedal to failure.
The full stroke must be at least 17 mm.
A lower full travel will not fully disengage the clutch and will indicate air in the hydraulic actuator or insufficient clutch release pedal travel.