Repair of the GAZ-3110 ignition distributor
Disconnect the wire from the "negative" terminal of the battery
Install the piston of the 1st cylinder at TDC. compression stroke.
To do this, turn the crankshaft so that the third mark on the pulley aligns with the lug on the cover of the timing sprockets.
After that, remove the distributor cap and check that the slider is in the contact position of the 1st cylinder.
Otherwise, rotate the crankshaft one revolution
Disconnect the high-voltage wires by removing them from terminals 1 of the distributor cover, and disconnect the wire from the low-voltage terminal of the distributor by unscrewing the nut
Disconnect the vacuum hose from connection 4 of the vacuum corrector.
Remove bolt 3 and lift the ignition distributor out.
Dismantling the ignition distributor
- 1. Unfasten the spring clips 1 and remove the cover 2 of the distributor.
- 2. Remove the slider by pulling it up.
3. Pull out the felt felt and unscrew the screw 1 underneath it.
Remove rotor 2.
4. Unscrew nuts 1 and disconnect cable 3 from terminal 2.
Pull up terminal 2. Loosen three screws 4 and remove stator 5
5. Loosen the two screws 1 and remove the vacuum corrector 2.
6. Loosen two screws 1 and remove the stator support 2 with bearing assembly.
7. Remove the spring ring 1, pick it up with a screwdriver, remove the pin 2 and remove the clutch 3 of the distributor drive
- 8. Remove the lock washer 1 and take out the shaft 2 of the distributor with central adjuster
- 9. Unscrew the fastening bolt 1 and remove the plate 2 of the octane corrector.
Assemble the ignition distributor in the reverse order of disassembly. In this case, it is necessary to lubricate the roller, bushings and bearing with CIATIM-221 grease.
Inspection and troubleshooting of ignition distributor parts
1. Wipe the inside and outside of the distributor cap.
Inspect the lid.
If it has cracks, chips, heavily worn contacts 1 inside the cover, the cover must be replaced.
Contact angle 2 must move freely in the lid.
2. The slider must be tightly installed on the rotor, otherwise replace it.
A leaf spring should be installed on the bottom of the slider.
If the runner has cracks, signs of burning, significant wear or corrosion of the current-carrying plate of the runner, replace it.
3. Check the rotation of the bearing in the stator support.
If there is sticking, rolling of balls, or significant play is noticeable in the bearing, replace the stator support.
If wire 1 is broken, also replace the stator support.
4. Check out the stator. On the inner surface of the stator there should be no traces of the rotor touching it. If wire 1 is broken, replace the stator.
Check the resistance of the stator winding with an ohmmeter, it should be in the range of 264-396 ohms. If the resistance is not as specified, replace the stator.
5. Osmothit the rotor.
If it has traces of rubbing against the stator, check the radial clearance of the rotor on the distributor shaft using an indicator.
The maximum allowable gap is 0.2 mm. If the gap is larger, replace the rotor or rotor with roller.
6. Inspect the distributor drive clutch.
If there is heavy wear on the protruding ends of the coupling, replace the coupling.
- 7. Weights 1 of the centrifugal regulator must turn freely on the axles, otherwise eliminate the cause of sticking weights. Adjustment of the centrifugal regulator is made by bending the racks of 2 springs.
- 8. If there are scuff marks on the roller, signs of significant wear, replace the roller.
Measure the diameters of the roller under the rotor and under the bushings, they should be equal to 8.5 ≤ 0.015 and 85 ≤ 0.035 mm and 12.7 ≤ 0.2 mm, respectively.
The runout between the ends of the roller should not exceed 0.01 mm. If at least one size does not fit within the specified limits, replace the roller.
9. Inspect the bushings in which the roller rotates on both sides of the distributor housing.
If scoring or significant wear is found, replace the bushings.
The maximum allowable axial clearance of the distributor shaft in the bushings is 0.2 mm, with a larger gap, replace the bushings.
To do this, press out the old bushings, then press in the new ones and expand them to a diameter of 12.7 + 0.012 and 12.7 ≤ 0.060 mm.
1. Check that the grooves of the ignition distributor drive shaft and the oil pump are installed parallel to the engine axis and offset from the shaft axis away from the engine.
2. Remove the distributor cover, insert the distributor into the drive housing.
Turning slider 1, align the protrusions of the distributor drive coupling with the grooves of the drive shaft so that the distributor snaps into place.
In this case, the slider should stand in the contact position of the 1st cylinder. Tighten bolt 2 for fastening the distributor.
3. After installing the distributor, adjust the ignition timing.